Monday, February 2, 2009

Will's 1st Back to School Night







Will's school, A World Discovery Montessori School, had their first back to school night this past Friday...But it was for Mommy's only (Daddy's night comes later). I was very excited about this night b/c I was determined to make it about me and Will...and JUST me and Will, sorry Molly. :-) It's been pretty difficult around here for me to carve out some special time just with Will, so I was very happy that this night was for me and him. Being a mom of a newborn, I, of course, forgot my camera, so I only have the "before" shot. Will acted very shy when we first got to his school, didn't want to show me anything or talk about anything. But then he broke out and started talking to his friends and showing me the "work" (that's what they call everything they do at school) he does. His teacher, Miss Maria, said "he's all business" and that it "cracks her up how serious he is." Then she said he has started breaking out of his shell a bit, messing around in circle time and talking when he wasn't supposed to, so he had to go to the "thinking zone." Or time out...She said she was happy he was doing that though b/c it shows he's becoming more comfortable. It was a wonderful night and Mommy and son had a lot of fun together.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Look at that great big smile! How fun to have that special time together. I know exactly what you mean about not having that when you have more then one. I am glad Kevin and Ashton at least have eachother when they can't have me.

Heather said...

So glad you got some one-on-one time with Will. Cute pic...