Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thank you, Molly!!

Molly has been having a more difficult time sleeping at night, ever since we moved her to the crib "full time." When she slept in the pac n play next to our bed, she slept every night Midnight-8am. It was wonderful. Then we moved her to the crib at 4 months. She slept Midnight-8am, then Midnight-7, then Midnight-6, then Midnight-5am...I thought I was going to die of sleep deprivation. Then it got...worse. :-) She woke up at 10pm, 1am, 5am, and then finally for the morning at 8am...I was getting less sleep than when she was a newborn!! Several times I refused to feed her, insisting that she was not hungry...Jeremy would try to put her to sleep and she just couldn't do it. So I'd give in and she'd eat and...she STILL would not sleep, sometimes it would take up to an hour. I was a little bit glad she didn't fall asleep right after eating b/c that just proved my point that she wasn't starving. We have been wanting to do some "sleep training" (so dislike that phrase), letting her cry a bit, but we are going on vacation, we know that is just going to throw her off, so we want to wait till we get back home.
Well, last night, THANK YOU, MOLLY...she slept through the whole night. 9pm to 8am. We never heard a peep from her. I KNEW she wasn't hungry and I have a feeling she's just getting us in the room to have a little company, have a little party.
Here's how happy sleeping through the night makes Molly.
(Just to clear up any confusion, the wedge is to help Molly sleep on her side, since she won't sleep on her back, as you can see, she still wiggles on to her tummy.)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thats awsome!!! Yeah for Molly! & for you! I can't wait until Jordan does that. I hope he will be ready to sleep in his room soon. I didn't know you were going on vacation...where are you going??