Monday, September 13, 2010

Will's First Baseball Game

Will had his first baseball game this past Sunday. I am one proud Mama. Baseball has always been a big part of our family. I grew up going to all my brother's, Jon's, games. I can't remember NOT watching baseball on tv and going to games is a natural pass time. Case in point...my mom and Ken have been touring around the US the past couple years going to baseball games, trying to hit up every stadium in the US. They're in Denver right now, my mom got her $1 hot dog on her birthday. :-) Anyway, my mom took all of us to Will's first Mariners game when he was only 4 months old. And my brother Jon got him his first Mariners' jersey. Now it's Will's turn to be the star of the game. To see all these little buggers in their grown up game gear is by far one of the cutest things I have ever seen. These kiddo's were amazing...sitting in batting order, hitting, trying again, running, stopping (harder than you think when you're 4 and really want to hit ALL the bases), getting grounders, throwing, touching the bases, running off the field to get helmets and sit in order, then grabbing their hats and mits and running back out on to the field.
Will is number 6, we were hoping for 7 b/c that's Jeremy's number but they did it by height and he needed just a tiny bit more growth to be 7. But then we realized 6 made sense, b/c my number was 5 in sports growing up...so we have 5, 6, & 7. There are about 6 teams within the Shetland division, all named after MLB teams...so Will had a 1 in 6 chance of being a Padre...and he got it, it was all meant to be. They play for about an hour, this time it was 3 innings. Everyone bats, and everyone plays. Nobody sits down when there's an out. And at the last bat, everyone runs home.
I think Will had a good time...he seemed to have fun, he hit really well, didn't hit the tee at all, and caught quite a few grounders while at shortstop. He also made up a little song about how much he loves his team.

Molly is not one to be left out.

My Little Man

Heading in...and loaded with lots of toys to keep a 2 year old girl busy for 1 1/2hrs. (not that she played with any of them!)

Walking in this way, was their idea. Holding hands, a little team of their own.

Team Cheerleader

Asking Peter if he wants to warm up, play catch.

Warming up.

The "other" team. The Cubs. (I was proud that they had TWO girl players. One even had two braids coming out the "ear holes" of her helmet. It was so cute.)

Molly wants to be part of the team so badly...she's showin how she can "run" too. Cheerleader, HA!

Pre-game pep talk.

Brother...You're my Hero.

The Padre's just before the 1st pitch. Love this pic.

Hey...You're cute. What's your name?

Clapping for the first hit. (check out Molly at the end. She had to be right there, IN IT, the whole time...all the other sibs...could care less. :-) )

For some reason, this pic cracks me up...so serious.



Look at his cute little nervousness. Feet perfectly on the base and his hand balled up in a fist.

He's headed home!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

OMG, those are the cutest pictures ever! Sounds like his team is much better then Kevin's t-ball team was last year. I love Molly's skirt! I love putting Jordan in his converse without sock too, its so cute! I also love her backpack. Where did you get it? Jordan would have been right there in it too. Just like he is at Ashton's soccer practices :)

Anonymous said...

Great pics Jen!

Cas

Anonymous said...

You are right, I have missed several posts! That's what I get for going on vacation!
I love the baseball pictures. My boy looks sooooo grown up. I can't wait to see him play on Sunday.
And Miss Molly, running the bases! She looks determined to be fast!
The park pictures look really great too. We should go there in October for your birthday!?
Love you all, See you in 3 get-ups!
Grandma.

katy said...

love these...what a cute boy you have! makes me so sad that i won't ever get to do this. but so glad you do! lucky mama!!!