Friday, September 3, 2010

Here's to Old Friends, Here's to the Best of Friends

My friend Terri and her family were visiting San Diego and I was such a lucky lucky girl to be able to spend a day with her, her hubby, Ryan, and their adorable little boy, Connor. Terri and I were the best best best of friends in grad school in San Francisco. We met at USF while getting our Masters. She was my go to girl and her momma even took care of our Lady when we would head home for Christmas. She was the first (and only) CA friend to visit us when we moved to WA, and we all (including Will) flew down to Lake Tahoe to attend Terri and Ryan's gorgeous wedding. That was the last time we saw them...3 years ago. Fast forward to today, and it was like no time had passed at all. I was DELIGHTED. We jabbered and talked and hugged....I enjoyed every minute of it...and I realized how much I miss her. And our friendship. So we vowed to stay in touch, and visit visit visit. :-)
We met at Balboa Park in San Diego. A beautiful collection of museums, buildings, walk ways, gorgeous water fountains, yummy restaurants, and fun fun stuff for the kids-a carousel, mini train, and trolley rides.

Me and Terri, we decided to eat lunch at this fabulous restaurant called the Sculpture Court Cafe. They had beautiful sculptures throughout and a grassy area the kids could run around in and climb on more sculptures.

Connor, Ryan and Terri
Isn't that just the prettiest. I think she's so darn pretty.

One of the fun rides for kids, Will chose the "Blue Angel" of course.


While Will flew the airplane, Molly rode the carousel.

Boarding the train, in the background, Terri, Connor and Ryan, in the foreground, Molly and Jeremy.

They had these gigantic stuffed animals (like you get at FAO Schwartz in NY) riding the train, so Will chose a car with a gorilla, if you look closely, you can see the giraffe further back.

Going through the tunnel.

This is the beginning of the gorgeous buildings, museums, and walk ways.

This is outside...just...a gorgeous way to walk outside. Doesn't lead to anything, could have just been a plain ole sidewalk...but they made it an archway of beautifulness instead.

I think Will's waving...but I'm not sure why, or at who.

I love the spontaneity of this picture...look at Molly's smile and her little foot step and the way Will took me by complete surprise with a big hug.

Mommy says, "careful Molly, don't fall in." Brother says, "careful Mom, don't fall in."
Everybody takes care of everybody in this family...HA!

3 comments:

MLC said...

Love all the great pictures! Nice job :) it's a great place, huh? Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful place! I love Molly's dress! Im glad you were able to visit with your friend. I seem to remember someone else coming to visit you and I haven't seen any post about it.... ;)
(Im posting in order of events. My visit to you is next up!)

Heather said...

Great pics...love the ones of you and the kids in front of the fountain!!