Friday, September 3, 2010

Zoo Fun with Grandma

When my mom came to visit in Aug, we took a trip to the zoo. We hadn't been in awhile and I had been wanting to go to see the newly improved Polar Bear Exhibit. And...things are always a little easier when Grandma is around, so a big morning out at the zoo was the perfect thing to do with some extra hands.
The night before the zoo, my mom and I had a Ladies Night Out...martinis (lots) and Eat Pray Love.
This little girl wanted to be Molly's friend so bad, but Molly only wanted to watch the tram cars come and go.
The things my mom will do for her grandkids...she's scared of heights, but she got on that tram and rode all the way across the zoo. Scared to death.
Sweetest thing ever! Molly letting Grandma know, "it's okay, I'm right here, Grandma." I want to frame this picture.
Huge books for the kiddo's to read, so fun to turn the pages. All about Polar Bears.
Beautiful smile.
okay, I think this is gross. See that fridge...that's full of ONE meal for a polar bear. ONE!
This is the size of a newborn polar bear, and in the picture before this, with the fridge, that's a 3 month old.
This is the size of a full grown polar bear.

Well hi there, can't you see I'm eating?

Watching the polar bears swim was so amazing, I could have watched them all day. They played and teased each other, it was so cute.

Look at his head above water and feet below water, these animals are huge.

This is made completely of sand.

Oh my, hello hippo.

My mom spoiled the kiddo's with these monkeys, they are soooo cute.

Molly did not want me to take her picture with her monkey.

3 comments:

tomandcheryl said...

We got a new polar bear exhibit too. We haven't been yet. It's been too hot. Maybe this fall.
~Cheryl

Jennifer said...

How fun. I love polar bears! They are one of my favorites to watch at the zoo. Cute pics!

Heather said...

The zoo looks amazing. Bryan and I didn't go for some reason. I LOVE the pic of Molly holding your mom's hand.