Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Very Big Post

Things have been so busy around here, I haven't had any time to keep our blog up with our happenings...so instead of doing a whole bunch of posts, I decided to make this one long post.
Molly turns 7 months.
Molly turned 7 months old, well actually now she's 7 1/2 months old...but o well. Here's what she's been up to: eating solids, quite a variety...although she definitely has her days where she eats and eats and days where she won't take a thing. And without saying a word, you know exactly what she's trying to tell you. She opens right up, like a little bird, or she clamps down and turns her face to hide in the highchair. The one thing she eats without fail is Mum Mum's (rice crackers), she chows down on these things, she'll eat them all day, even if she doesn't want any solids. She's definitely on the move, her specialty is going backwards, but yesterday (4/28), she started crawling forward for the first time!! I was eating some crackers out of a ziplock bag and she wanted that bag!! So I teased her with it and she actually lifted hands and knees up off the floor and crawled forward! She'd get mad at me after a bit if I didn't give her the bag, so I would and then tease her again and wow! she got pretty fast! :-) I realized I wanted to stop b/c I wasn't ready for her to be fast yet, so today, no more ziplock bags and she's back to hanging around on the floor and making her way backwards. Here's a few recent pics of my little sweetie pie.
I Can't Believe how Grown up he is!!
So Will got some new clothes, all of which should be too big for my little baby boy, right? But no, they weren't...size 3T jeans, 4T shirt and sweatshirt and 8 1/2 shoes....all fit...just perfect. Although, the jeans fit for length but are huge in the waist...have you ever shopped for belts for a three year old boy? Not an easy thing to do...black and brown fancy leather belts are all over the place, but try to find striped, colorful, woven belts? Don't exist! I looked everywhere, in the stores, and online. I asked employees too, all of them said nope, don't have them. Then I remembered one of my favorite catalogs that I get in the mail for kids and women's clothing...Boden. They are in England....and they have striped, woven, belts. A three pack actually...so yes, I finally found belts and they came all the way from England! Anyway, here is a little photo shoot I did with my big boy...I just couldn't believe how grown up he looked!
To go along with the grown up good looks...my boy is doing some very grown up work at preschool. He loves going, has lots of friends that he talks about on a daily basis, and tells me he loves his two teachers all the time. He has learned how to identify most of his numbers and quite a few letters in the alphabet. His writing is amazing (although he follows the dots, doesn't quite do it on his own yet) and loves bringing his art work home. My latest clue that my boy is growing up, is that he "read" his first book to me...all by himself. Every page. The title: Freight Train. It made me teary eyed. Below is a picture of some of his work (check out his name, numbers and Easter words): Little Miss Blue Eyes:
I've have quite the collection of pictures of Little Miss Molly and her gorgeous blue eyes. She's going to be dangerous with these little beauties....

The Kiddo's Go Swimming:
I've been wanting to sign Will up for swimming lessons for quite some time...like two years. He was in swimming when he was 6 months old, but we didn't continue b/c we didn't like the times (Friday evenings) and we weren't very fond of the teacher. So ever since it's been in the back of my mind that I wanted Will to start lessons again. But I haven't found the right place, with the right time, and right location. But I did find that the Lynnwood Rec Center has open Preschool and Family swim on Saturday and Sundays. So until I find some swim lessons I'm happy with, we'll be the teachers. Will had a blast and Molly looked adorable in her first swim suit. (She was not feeling so adorable in the water though, it made her pretty nervous. She didn't cry but she clenched her hands together in tight little fists, so tight that her hands and arms turned purple up to her elbows!)


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love Molly's swimsuit! so cute! I have a belt like you talked about that came with a pair of shorts. They are hard to find! Im very impressed with Will's writing and number and letter recognition. I haven't work with Ashton on that at all yet and either has is preschool class. Maybe I should get on that!