Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy Anniversary To Us!

Well, this post is a week late...but I wanted to do it anyway...blogs are so much about kids, that I thought it would be nice to put something in here about us. Last weekend my mom stayed with Will one night while Jeremy, Molly and I went to stay at the Sorrento Hotel in downtown Seattle to celebrate our 7th anniversary. This is the hotel we stayed in the night we got married. (Molly would have been with Will and Grandma too...IF she'd take a bottle!!)

Here we are 7 years ago:

And here we are present day:
We had a fabulous time, we ate lunch at Ivars on the water, then went back to the hotel so we could check in and let Molly take her afternoon nap. The day/night really couldn't have gone better...I was so nervous that Molly would wake up at a time where she would then be super tired during dinner and it would be pointless...but she slept from 3pm-6pm! Perfect! Dinner was great at the Daily Grill on 7th in Seattle...Molly woooed everyone...of course. And I was nervous that staying in a hotel would be silly b/c we wouldn't really sleep that great b/c Molly would have a bad night (she's not all that consistent yet)...but she spoiled us and gave us a fantastic anniversary present...she slept from 9pm to 5:30am, I fed her, she went right to sleep within seconds and slept until 8:30am...and even better, Jeremy and I also slept until 8:30am...first time in 3 years...it was marvelous. Then we ordered room service (we ALWAYS order breakfast through room service, it's one of our favorite things) and Jeremy made fresh coffee with a french press! Fancy, huh? :-)

Here's some pictures from the weekend:

Molly at Ivars, gorgeous blue eyes, and no she didn't taste the lemon.
Us on our big cushy bed.
Molly in her fancy dinner dress playing with really expensive hotel M & M's.
Our delicious waffles with berries breakfast.
Sorrento Hotel at night time.
Sorrento Hotel during the day time.
This is what Will was doing with Grandma at home...Jeremy was so happy to see him COVERED in makeup when we got home...AND Will burst into tears when we washed it off without taking a picture!
Two more fun photos (who's who?):
#1 is William at 5 months on our big cushy bed in Mexico.
#2 is Molly at 6 months on our big cushy bed in Seattle.

6 comments:

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

Sorry - I had a ton of typos in my last comment so I deleted it. What I wanted to say was...

I LOVE this post! The past and present pictures are just precious. Congrats on your seven year anniversary - what an accomplishment. You are an inspiration! xoxo

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary! Thats great that you got away and that Molly did so well. I love the baby pictures in the beds!

katy said...

So cute! I love all the pictures you put here from your wedding. Priceless! I really want a night away with my hubby and NO kids! I think you've inspired me since we haven't done it yet!

Casey Crane said...

Very fun - Erik and I had a night away (with Alexa!) last weekend for my birthday and it was really fun. I love the two pics of the kids on the beds. I was just doing the same thing this morning (comparing Madison pics to Alexa) - isn't it amazing how similar our kids look to their older siblings? It will be fun to watch as they get older to see how much they change or look the same. I hope everyone is feeling better!

Kate said...

Happy, Happy, Happy 7 year anniversary Jen & Jeremy! It doesn't seem like it was that long ago... your wedding was such a fun celebration and we love you guys so much. I'm glad you got to escape for a night - Molly must have known what was up and decided to give you a nice anniversary present - how sweet! :)