Tuesday, March 24, 2009

If These Walls Could Talk...

They would tell you that I recently went to a baby shower (see pic above) for my good friend and sorority sister, Karen. I wanted to put this picture at the top of our blog b/c it really shows just how wonderful it is to have such a great group of girlfriends...these are all my AOII girls and an honorary member or future legacy, Molly. Now if you could see everyone up close, you would realize that starting from the left, Kate has a newborn, I have a newborn and 3 year old, AnnMarie in the back is pregnant, Tricia is pregnant, Karen is pregnant, Andra is pregnant, and Anna has a one year old. We're multiplying like crazy! :-) These have been my sisters for nearly 10 years and I want each and every one of you to know you mean the world to me! Alpha Love.
They would tell you that Will spent the night at Grandma's house for the first time this past Friday night. He had such a wonderful time and I think he really understood how special it was for him to do that. He seemed to act like he felt very special and grown up. My mom picked him up early and took him shopping for his "special" blanket and pillow case that is just for him when he spends the night. He picked out Lightening McQueen and even practiced laying his head down on the pillow case, his head had to be right on Lightening McQueen...He had Ken's special spaghetti, which was picked out by Will and then he got to watch Movies like you wouldn't believe. He watched Junglebook, Cars and Toy Story...he got to stay up till 9pm! He doesn't really get the concept of time but I think he undestood that he was up late b/c of how tired he felt and, at home, he NEVER gets to stay up late..I mean NEVER. :-) So this was a real treat for him. The next morning, Grandma and Ken made him Mickey Mouse pancakes, he helped Grandma put out her Easter decorations and she treated him to McDonald's before bringing him home. It was quite a success and we thank you, Mom for spending this time with Will, he truly loves every minute of it and...we hope to plan another little slumber party again soon! :-)

These walls would also say that Molly is beginning to figure out what it means to be "up on all fours." She is really trying to hard to figure out how to become mobile via the knees. From a sitting position she leans way forward, sticks one leg out behind her and then gets stuck with the other leg still crossed in front of her...she starts-a-rocking...but it doesn't go much further than that, she'll stay that way rocking back and forth, but can't quite get up on the second knee...if we help her, she falls down on to her tummy...she just needs a few more muscles...Here's some pics of her trying: Other Molly news is that she had her first stomach bug...at least that's what we think it was. She woke up at 4am and I went in to feed her thinking all was normal and the poor baby girl had gotten sick all over her crib...b/c it was four in the morning, I didn't want to turn all the lights on and clean it up...Molly would never go back to sleep, so I fed her, moved her down to the bottom of the crib and she slept till 9:30am...she was totally normal from the time she woke up...so I think it was a one time thing...Funny thing, I can remember, like it happened yesterday, Will doing this exact same thing..and only one time too. Woke up in the middle of the night, he had gotten sick all over the crib, we moved him to the bottom and he slept till the morning and never acted sick after that...hmmm...maybe it runs in the family....oh, this all happened the night of Jeremy and my 7th anniversary...we've been married for 7 years, but together for 10!! I don't feel old enough to say I've been together with someone for 10 years! :-)
These Henley walls would also tell you that we have hit birthday season...we've been to one or two birthday parties each weekend since the beginning of the year and we even had to miss some! Will must be a much loved boy, cause he has a lot of friends. :-) However, as we've attended these parties, I realized these are our friends too, we are not there just for the 3 year old (or 1 year old-Audrey) but we enjoy meeting new people, seeing other little kids and catching up with all the 'rents...I had to include the following two pictures of our precious little girl and boy...this is on our way to a birthday party...don't get too excited, kiddo's! And lastly...this little tidbit of information would only be out there....If These Walls Could Talk...I've officially lost all of my pregnancy weight! I am very happy to say it's "GONE" after only 6 months...this is a very big deal for me b/c I didn't lose all my Will pregnancy weight until close to a year...I have to admit, I was very very surprised, I thought it would take just as long, if not longer b/c I don't have the time to exercise (gym membership is a complete waste of money) however, I have to give all the credit to the following DVD's (okay and a little bit to myself b/c I actually put the dvd in the player, hit play and did what they told me to do :-) ):

6 comments:

Kate said...

Okay, thanks for making me cry! The first part of your post brought tears to my eyes! Great picture (will you email it to me?) of the shower... amazing how many years it has been (and how many we have ahead!). Congrats on the baby weight!! I meant to tell you that you looked great at Karen's shower & again at Audrey's birthday party, but I feel like we barely got to talk at either. I am right there with you - finally - on the baby weight. As of about 2 weeks ago I am back at my pre-preg weight too - yahoo! It's so nice to be wearing my old clothes again! Love you lil sis!

Kate said...

Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! :)

Anna said...

Oh, Jen - that is the sweetest post! I love that picture of all of us - we are replicating like crazy! I am so happy to be your friend. :) Congrats on your anniversary AND losing all of your baby weight! What an accomplishment with two little ones at home. Talk to you soon!

Mary said...

Congrats Jen!!! You are an inspiration ... thanks for the tips on the work out videos!
I am very close but still have some work to do ;0
Love the blog and your pics are great.

Casey Crane said...

Yeah! I just finally "hit my number" this weekend too - although I would have to say that I'm still working on some reshaping. :0) I'm so glad that you like that video - I do too. Jillian Michael's has another one that I like even more now called "No More Troublezones" (it's on On Demand). It's almost an hour long so I only do this one once or twice a week when I have the chance but it's AWESOME. I hope to see you all soon!

katy said...

What a great pic of al of you! A bunch of fabulous girls! Congrats too on your anniversary!