Thursday, March 12, 2009

So Much is Happening!

I can't believe in just a few short days so much has happened...to start...okay, this snow. Rediculous! Are you kidding me? It's the middle of March...4 inches! Unbelievable...complete blizzard as we were driving home from playgroup on Monday, huge flakes. These are pictures of our backyard, literally days before it was sunny and warm enough that we were in the backyard playing with friends...which is why the trike, lawn mower and baseball tee are on the patio. After it snowed...it's been FREEZING. Freezing for me anyway, mid-20's to 30's...
Moving on, Molly has decided to start exploring the house...by rolling. It's helarious...she can get to anywhere she wants to be, by rolling tummy to back, back to tummy. She enjoys it so much that she gets mad at us if we put her in something constricting, like the exercauser or jumper. So we just take her out and she rolls all over the place. Here, she found my friends new magazine (Here's some free advertising for you Syd.) Sydney and her husband started publishing their own magazine...Golf Today Northwest Addition...this is a magazine that is in other places of the country, but there was no Northwest Addition...if you're interested, let me know and we'll get you started with a subscription...obviously Molly thinks it's a good one! :-)
One more big accomplishment for Molly...she's a solid eating pro!! Well, so far. She eats up the rice cereal and carrots like she hasn't eaten for days. She's so open to the idea that I'm not sure when to stop feeding her! I give her everything I've made and then wonder if I should give her more...usually I don't though. I know that nursing her is still the number one priority. She's eaten through half a box of cereal and 3 jars of carrots. Tomorrow, we'll try squash...if only we all ate as well as our kids! (Will regularly eats red and green peppers for lunch.) Here's Molly happy as can be, after a yummy lunch.
And lastly...our final development. As many of you know, we have been struggling BIG time with Will and napping...he hasn't napped regularly for 2 months...he's probably slept 5 times total. Night time, THANK GOODNESS, is perfectly fine. Well, yesterday afternoon, after one of the most horrible nap times we've had (behaviorally), we noticed Will's eye was all goopy and icky. We immidiately thought pink eye. Which of course, freaked me out b/c it's so contagious. We cleaned it up and thought, we'll see how it is in the morning and keep Will home from preschool and take him to see his doctor. It was better this morning but was a little swollen but the whites weren't very red...I wasn't sure what was happening, so I took him to see Dr. Wu (best pediatrician ever!) She didn't really jump at the idea of pink eye when she saw him. Well, here's what's going on: Will has a double ear infection. A double SEVERE ear infection. She said his left ear was so infected that it started to affect his eye! She said it's hard to know how long the infections have been there, they can get this severe over many many weeks or only a few days. Okay, worst mom award! :-) I had NO IDEA there was anything wrong with his ears, he never tugged at them and never said they hurt. Even right there in the dr's office when I asked him, he said they didn't hurt. Dr. Wu said it is very very likely that Will has not wanted to lay down at naps b/c of his ears...could the solution really be that easy? Please hope and pray for us that it is....Here Will is having a special drink b/c I felt so horrible...(okay, it just has water in it, but he was sooo proud to have a "water coffee cup.")

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

ooh poor guy! How could you have known. I hope after it heals up he sleeps better. I wonder why it wouldn't effect his nighttime sleep?
Molly is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so crazy. I really hope this is the answer. Even if it isn't truly the answer, I'm sure it could be sold that way to Will - "You poor thing, no wonder you weren't able to nap. I'm so excited that we figured it out so that everything is all better now!" ;0)

henleyfamily said...

Oh no! We hope that Will is feeling better soon!!! Give him hugs from us!

Siiri said...

Hey Jen! (I've been following your blog, it's great!) About the ear aches. I would almost guarantee you this is the problem. Kate and I both had horrible ear problems as little girls. I used to get ear aches all the time, and they were SOOOOO AWFUL I can remember screaming when I had to lay down for nap time at day care, because my head felt like it was going to explode. I remember our mom putting ear drops in each ear on the way to day care in the morning, and we had to lay down to let them dissolve. I hope you find some relief, but just know there's a pretty good chance this will alleviate it!