Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Molly turns 2, Part 3....Birthday Dinner

Okay, folks, we're gettin' there. :-) Normally I wouldn't really care about posting pictures of "dinner," but we made quite the trek to try out a place for Molly's birthday dinner. It's called the Corvette Diner and it's at Liberty Station in San Diego...I have heard about this place like you wouldn't believe. Gotta go, gotta try it, etc. It's fun on a normal night and REALLY fun for birthdays. So of course we go for a birthday. It was a trek! Driving to SD, then hitting traffic, then parking was crowded. So thankful when we finally got there. Till I walked inside. My immediate thought..."THIS is not what I call a restaurant." It was LOUD. Really LOUD. I don't do loud very well. This was the kind of loud where all the talking you do is yelling and your throat hurts when you are done with dinner. I'm really glad we went to check it out after all the hype. But it was definitely a one time thing. I have no desire to go back. Yes, there was lots of fun, silly things; dancers, balloonists, glow in the dark tables, games, cars, and of course yummy milkshakes...but I'm good. Don't need to go again.
 The pretty cool Corvette right when you walk in. (Jeremy always has Molly's dresses/skirts hiked up when he takes pics, drives me nuts. :-) )
 Yes, Ken, we caught you. Look at that guilty face. Mom and Ken got to the restaurant before us and obviously helped themselves to some drinks. :-)
 The dancers.
 Wonder how long it takes her to get all that stuff in her hair.
 hmmm..milkshake. GOOD milkshake too!
Happy Pasta Face girl. 
 Ken treated the kids to balloons, Will asked for a giraffe.
 Molly's personal birthday dance.
 Look at the concentration...they are totally thinking about ALL that going in their tummy's.
 I cropped this pic to get the full affect. Can you believe how wide that mouth is?! She isn't missing a drop. Molly is definitely our sweets girl, just like her daddy.
 William wearing Molly's princess crown. Molly refused to put it on b/c she remembers a balloon popping at a concert we were at awhile ago. She kept pointing at it, crying a little and saying, "pop. pop. pop!" We actually got a picture of her wearing it, but she's screaming her head off, so I thought I'd be nice and not put it on her birthday dinner post.
 Riding motorcycles after dinner.

The next two pictures are two of my favorites, total favorites.
 Grandma gets huge goodbye hugs....
...and so does Ken.
Nighty Night, Happy birthday Molly! Tomorrow...party time!

2 comments:

katy said...

Happy Birthday to Molly! I can't believe she is 2!! Looks like you had a fun time Jen! Miss you and hope you are well! Your kids are as beautiful as ever!

Jennifer said...

So cute! Looked like a fun time!