Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Little Gift to my Kiddo's

I made this growth chart at my first MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting when Will was about 8 or 9 months old...since I'm not a crafty person, I was very impressed with it and with how simple it was to make something so cute.
And of course b/c Will had one, I was determined to make one for Molly too...It only took me 8 months longer. Will's first measure, 10 months, Molly's 18 months. To my credit, I had the very crafty help of the person at MOPS helping me with Will's, but I created Molly's completely from scratch. I spent many days looking for the same decals that are on Will's, but girly. But I decided they didn't exist anymore, so I went with other "pretty" things. I must say I'm quite impressed with how it turned out...I really wasn't sure I could pull this one off.

There isn't space in Molly's room to hang her's, so we hung it in the hallway right outside Will's room. Which I like better anyway b/c it's right next to Will's chart. Will-18 months: 34inches Molly-18 months: 31 inches...a 3 inch difference! Crazy.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is really cute!! I love it and it looked fun to make. You did a great job :)

Herb Family said...

Jen, this is so great. I love it. You'll have to tell me how you did it. I can't believe you think you aren't the creative type. So not true.

tomandcheryl said...

That is adorable. You did a great job. You scrap but you say you aren't crafty? That doesn't make sense. I love that you wrote "watch me bloom" on Molly's.
~Cheryl