Saturday, October 3, 2009

Have You Ever Had A...

Hot Stone Massage? If not, go get one. Jeremy surprised me (big time, no idea it was coming) with a massage at the LaCosta Resort and Spa, just a few minutes from our house. He said it was a gift of congratulations for nursing Molly for one year. I spent all morning and half the afternoon at the spa...it was truly amazing, the most relaxing experience I've had at a spa. I actually texted Jeremy and told him I wasn't sure I would come home. :-) I started with the massage, incredible, not sure I can do any other massage again, then sat in the jacuzzi with the jets on my back, then sat in the "Roman shower" which pours gallons and gallons of water down on your shoulders, which felt like, yet another massage. Then I had a Bellini and Farmers Market Salad poolside while I disappeared into the world of the Twilight series. Below are pictures of the spa:


The courtyard leading to the pool
Woman only jacuzzi area ("therefore, clothes optional" they informed me. :-O )
Gorgeous entrance to the spa
Next is a huge conglomerate of photos that I have taken over the last month since we've been Californians. It starts with our trip to the airport to "fly home," to our CA house.

This is the play area at Seatac, Will is sliding down the suitcases.
Molly flying the airplane.
Will and Molly checking out the runway after we landed in San Diego.
My mom took this picture...our first pic in front of our new home.
This is Molly's most favorite past time right now...she climbs in and out of this wagon and will ride in it all day long, even laying down!
This is what our garage looked like for a very long time, all the paper from our boxes...Will LOVED jumping in them like "a pile of leaves."
This has become Will's new routine in the mornings...it drives me nuts, like he's royalty or something, "what else can I do for you, your highness!?"
Will trying on Daddy's sunglasses...I love this picture, I think he looks like a 70's airplane pilot.
Will was in washing his hands, but was very quiet and taking a long time, so snuck in and luckily had my phone with me...this is what I found him doing. "Doing his hair, making it all spikey, like Daddy." He does this every morning now.

Will is walking Chocolate Chip (name of his doggy) to the park, he's actually skateboarding. This was sooooo cute and he really did "roll" the whole 5 blocks to the park, I was giggling so hard I had tears in my eyes.
Molly doing some work at the toolbench, she loves the drill. Which I find funny b/c Will was scared of it (he said it was too loud) for like 6 months, he literally cried when it turned on...Molly, not so much.
Will is running through the new firetruck sprinkler my mom got him, it's really cute.
Molly's other favorite thing right now, trying to climb in to her highchair when she wants to eat. Love that smile.
Jeremy was laying on the floor and Molly crawled up and put herself in this position...she's such a cuddler, we love how snuggly she is.
The next two pics are of Will playing in our fountain/pond with the boat that Papa bought him. I think he looks SOOO big in these 2 pictures....
Jeremy made a big clubhouse for Will out of a bunch of our moving boxes...Will played in it for days, brought toys out to it, blankets, stuffed animals and decorated it with markers and stickers.
I love this picture of Molly b/c you can actually see her teeth...she now has number 4 coming in, so she'll have the two bottom and two top.
I thought this was helarious...this big beautiful beach and Will chooses to play in the sand back by the parking lot next to all the cars (no where near us). He's looking up b/c he was watching some boys play football.
Molly's actually laughing here, although it kind of looks like she's crying. She was having so much fun in the sand...unfortunately she thought it tasted good too.
Playing with his firetruck again, you can actually see all the different sprays of water.
Will's first day at Central Montessori School. I love these 2 pics b/c he's showing so much of his personality, no standing and saying, cheese for this boy. If you can, look closely at his hair, he was very proud that he did it himself.
Will loves pushing Molly around and thankfully, Molly loves being pushed. (Notice the personality from Will again.)
Sweet and innocent Molly, love this little smile.
My mom giving Molly a ride.
Will splashing in the waves with Daddy.
My newest favorite picture of Will.

3 comments:

tomandcheryl said...

Jen, I never thought so before but the picture of Molly showing her teeth, she looks just like you. Really I always thought she was totally Jeremy but that one is you!
Looks like you guys are having a blast in the new house. Congrats.
~Cheryl

Kate said...

I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!! Love all the pics... hmmm... we might have to make a trip back to that spa when I come down! Thanks for the pics, I got them in the mail yesterday - so cute!

Lena said...

Hi there,
my husband and I are from San Diego and miss it so much, especially Carlsbad. You chose a wonderful city to live in! THere is so much to do there! Hope you enjoy it! We live in Sacramento now, and love our visits down there...there is nothing like the ocean air! God bless!
Lena Medina