Wednesday, June 10, 2009

An Update on the Goings On of the Henley's

Well, we've officially been on the market for two weeks, we've had a couple people view our home and lots of calls. One of the viewings, just a few days ago, was very very promising. But has a lot of details to work out...been talking to her agent some, but not sure if it will go through. It would be nice b/c we'd be done and can move on and won't have to worry about selling a house in this terrible terrible market...but it's not the best scenario or candidate either, so I think I'd be happy either way, if she takes it or if we move on and hope for someone else.

Will is about to complete his first year of preschool...the accomplishments he has made this year are truly amazing. His writing is incredible, he's "read" a couple books to me, knows all numbers and most letters and just says the most Einstein things...he's sooooo smart. One thing I find truly fascinating is what a different boy he is at preschool than at home. It really is true that a child will listen to his teacher but not to his parents. So here's what I mean...he doesn't talk. Really, he doesn't. They say that he is mute. They can barely get a word out of him. He follows their every direction and doesn't falter from it until they say so. They say jump, he does, they say jump higher. He does. They say sit, he does. They say don't move, he doesn't. He's been this way all year. Yesterday at dinner he said to us, "Miss Maria is teaching me to talk." I wanted to get up from the table and laugh my you know what off. The boy is CRAZY at home...full of action, loudness, moving, jumping, yelling, flying arms. He doesn't STOP talking!!!! I really really want his teacher to sneak to our house some day and watch him...she'd be in shock. She wouldn't know who he was. Something we always joke about...when he started preschool, back in Sept 08, they had to carry him and his backpack in...then he would walk in but they had to carry the backpack, then he would walk and carry his own backpack....today, for the first time, one week before the end of the school year...he walked in AND wore his backpack. My sweet little school aged boy.
Last week we spent the afternoon at Country Village with some of our best buddies, Drew, Luke and Amy. Drew and Will are best buddies. We met them through Heather 2 1/2 years ago, Heather met Amy at Gymboree and we started play dates. Before Heather moved back to Texas, Will, Drew and Brooks were the Three Musketeers.
Thank goodness Heather introduced us to the Flinn family, we have so much fun with them! Anyway, back to the park, the boys played on the swings, carousel and pirate ship and then we took a little ride on the train and had a picnic lunch. (And I think Luke might be making a play for Molly! Although you wouldn't know it since he doesn't look very happy...he was all over this girl, smiling and giggling with her. :-)) The train is actually one Will rode on about a 1 1/2 ago at the Seattle Center...and it was a BIG deal b/c he was the last kid to get on the train and he had to ride in the caboose (just like the pic below) but I couldn't go with him, I didn't fit in the caboose. I COULDN'T BELIEVE he rode the train all by himself. I kept saying I couldn't believe I put my baby boy on his first amusement park ride and he did it by himself. Present day: Amy said she could hear the boys giggling away as they sat in the little red caboose all by themselves....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, look how much they've grown! Our baby boys are just boys now!

Heather said...

Love this post...wish B & I had been there with you guys!! Proud of W's accomplishments at school, pat him on the back for us & give him a big hug from the Boyer's. Hopefully within the next 10 years we'll be able to catch up. I'll try to call this weekend. Miss you...