Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Right of Passage

Passage in to what? Hmm...girlie accessories? We did it! Molly had her ears pierced! She is soooo brave and such a trooper. She was laughing and giggling away with the girl, then 1, 2, 3 BAM. It was done, she was shocked, then she cried, but only for 3 or 4 minutes. I can't believe we did it, but we waited a lot longer than we thought we would. Her ears look very sweet. :-) We took along her favorite blanky and favorite ball...The pictures show her before, during and after.
My sweet Molly...before her big moment.
Molly's precious, innocent, little ear.
Giggling and laughing with the girl that put the earrings in (I'm laughing much too hard at something Will was doing, probably b/c I was nervous).
Why is there a pen on my ear?!
The guns...BIG GULP from Mommy and a what the *!#+ from Molly...
Look at my beautiful ears and I'm happy as can be...not even any red eyes as evidence of the crying.
Mommy is sooooo proud of her little girl.
And I'm also VERY VERY proud of Big Brother Will...we explained what we were doing and that Molly might cry really hard for just a few minutes b/c putting earrings in your ear kind of hurts, like when you skin your knee (wink wink). He picked out some big sparkly earrings to distract Molly with and stood right in front of her and told her it would be okay. He was very very sweet too...so he got new shoes. Not planned at all, but perfectly fitting for the moment. (And we realized we should check his shoe size more often b/c he grew a size and a half!! to a 10!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh my goodness. so cute! she looks so pretty. Im glad she didn't cry to much. She is lucky, my mom made me wait until I finished 8th grade!

Mary said...

I love it!!! I totally want to get the girls done. Molly looks precious, and good for you for braving it alone!!!