Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Jeremy!

I know I'm late, but better than never right? :-) I think Jeremy had a pretty fabulous Father's Day, at least I tried to make it that way. I made him fresh blueberry waffles for breakfast and the kiddo's each gave him a book, "Why a Son Needs a Dad" and "Why a Daughter Needs a Dad" and they each put their hand prints inside too. I surprised Jeremy with tickets to a Father's Day Mariner's game. This is a big deal b/c it was in the middle of the afternoon, right at the time that BOTH kids are usually sleeping...so for me to just throw that all out the window and take our whole family to the game, is a pretty big surprise. :-) I did think ahead though and decided to buy an "Ergo Baby Carrier" after several friends said I should get one, so I finally gave in and did. Well it was great, I carried Molly on my back for part of the game and she slept on my front for an hour. Oh and I had never seen these things before a couple months ago when my friends got them, but holy cow! No exaggeration...I saw at least 20 of these things at the game. I even stopped one lady and asked her for tips on how to wear it.
We had bleacher seats, b/c I had no idea how enjoyable the game was actually going to be considering we had two young kids with us, but they were still good seats! We had fun people around us and we didn't sit in them very much (another reason I wasn't willing to spend more). We had hamburgers from Kid Valley, Chocolate Mint Dippin' Dots, and we lucked out and went to the playground just in time for an "open session." So Will got to play on all the slides and in all the tunnels, he even made a friend (he almost always does) named Lilly, she had the same hair color as him, kindred spirits. We did watch some of the game at the end, it was tied and then we scored and won! Glad it was a good game for all of our fabulous Father's out there. Oh and Will passed out in the car within minutes of driving home...that's heaven. Happy Father's Day, Honey, we love you so much and appreciate everything you do for us and our family!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a great time! Molly looks so cute (Will too :) Did your shoulders or back hurt with the ergo carrier? I've heard a lot of good things about them, but I know they are spendy.

Greg said...

Thanks so much for mentioning my books!

katy said...

Wow, spontaneous fun is always great! Glad you guys had a good time. Also, glad you bought an Ergo. I would die without a Moby for a little bean and an Ergo for a bigger bean. I litterally carry my kids everywhere in the Ergo until they are a year. And I just saw a 2 year old being carted around in one today at the park. If I didn't have such a big belly I may consider it with Ila (although I have read you can wear them while preggo). Anyhow, love the pictures and hope all is well. XOXO

katy said...

Oh and Jen (other Jen) :) I have VERY sensitive shoulders that give me bad neck and headaches and the Ergo has never aggravated them. I could never wear a Bjorn...it killed me but the Ergo is so, so comfy. Just thought I'd throw that in. Hope all is well with you and your family!

Mary said...

What a great day you guys had! How sweet :)