Monday, February 22, 2010

More Visitors in the New Year

My mom and Ken came to see us in the beginning of January for a visit and to celebrate Christmas. We went to the Wild Animal Park in San Diego, which is weird that the address is SD b/c it's actually north and east of San Diego proper, its up by our house. I love this kind of park...can't wait to go on an African Safari.
My mom and Will with a giant elephant statue.
This Rhino was part of the play area, so fun to climb on.
Will inside the peek a boo log. :-)
This is a huge hot air balloon that people can ride in and view the park from above.
Will and Molly waiting for the tram ride to start. Love this pic of the backs of their sweatshirts. We got them in Disneyland and gave them as Christmas presents.
These chimps were helarious, they put on a really good show for us.
Gorgeous Lions...
Love the cheetahs...
My favorites were the giraffes, here two are hugging, love how they wrap their necks around each other.
Thought the color of this one was so gorgeous against the blue water.
A real rhino this time. Probably shouldn't climb on this one.
This was the view from one of the spots the tram stopped.
Good pic of my mom and Will
The gorillas were also very fun to watch. See the blanket on the back of this one? He was playing with it, puttin on a show for us, then just draped it over his back and sat down to "think." :-)
I could sit and watch these guys for hours...
Love this pic of my mom and Will measuring themselves up to a gorilla...
Will thinks he's so HUGE next to Molly, not so much compared to the gorilla. :-)
Molly was scared to death of this lion at first, another statue you can climb at the play area. She would cling to us and cry if we showed it to her. Silly girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reliving my visits on your blog!! I have a great picture of you, Molly and Will looking at the long armed monkeys that were so entertaining. All of you are very attentive. Too bad I don't know how to "upload" pictures! I will learn on the next trip.
Hugs to all,
Grandma