Saturday, November 28, 2009

More Thanksgiving Fun...

Will's preschool had a Thanksgiving Celebration on Wednesday...and I was NOT prepared...I was thinking it would be in their classroom with just his fellow classmates, with the small bits of food that the parents brought...oh my gosh! I walked in and the extra room they have for the whole school was completely decked out...it was GORGEOUS. I was soooo upset that I didn't have my camera, I had to settle for my phone. The pictures will absolutely not do this beautiful Thanksgiving display justice. The room was completely decorated with table cloths, flowers, pumpkin center pieces, scarecrows and a tremendous center table with two huge scrumptious turkey's just waiting to be carved. Each classroom wore different head-dresses, Will's class were the pilgrums, another was indians, etc. The feast was traditional with corn, mashed potatoes, turkey, rolls and even pie! Two of the older kids read Thanksgiving poems.














The weekend before Thanksgiving we went to the Encinitas Street Festival...they had vendors selling all their homemade products (lots of cute baby clothes!), yummy food and little kiddie rides. Will decided he wanted to go on the Froggy Hop, which is a kid version of the free fall...just small, like 8 or 9 feet. I couldn't believe Will wanted to go on it, everytime they let it "free fall" Will let out a little yelp. It was helarious. The kids got their faces painted too, well, Will didn't want it on his cheeks so it went on his hands. I took a pic of the palm trees b/c they were just so pretty, I couldn't believe how gorgeous the weather was just a few days before Thanksgiving.













We spent Thanksgiving with some friends who live down the street from us, they had a few family members in town on Thanksgiving but most weren't going to be there till Saturday so we just did a casual fun thanksgiving dinner...there were lots and lots of kids though so Will and Molly had soooo much fun. I didn't really see Will the entire evening. This is the same family we spent Halloween with...Will loves hanging out with Timmy. Emily (Timmy's mom) had her girls make the adorable place cards.




The day after Thanksgiving my dad and step-mom came to visit us. We were so excited to see them! It was only for a few short hours, but it was wonderful!! I planned a very special outfit for Molly to wear just for Grandma Karen. She had bought Molly adorable black "high heels" so I dressed Molly up in her pretty dress from my mom and fancied her up in Karen's high heels, she looked sooooooooo cute! After visiting for a bit we loaded up the car (or the family fun bus as I like to call it) and went to lunch at the beach.



1 comment:

Mary said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Jen and family!!!! So adorable. I absolutely LOVE Molly's minnie mouse dress! We are thinking of getting one for Julia since we are going to Disney World on Christmas night! How funny!!! You are so right, our lives are so stinking parallel it's unbelievable. I really wish we lived in close enough proximity to have playdates, dinner dates, and wine dates! :)
Can't believe we both had the kids do the turkey's -- actually Rob found it online and he did it with the girls! Yours have alot more detail though, you are very much a Martha in the making.
So great to stay connected. Miss you so much ... gosh imagine if we really did live close?!
Definitely let me know if you're ever on the East coast and I will let you know if we plan a West coast adventure.
xoxoxoxxo