Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Can't Believe I Have a 6 Year Old....

Well if any of you know me at all, you know that Lady is treated like my first born child. I love my sweet doggy to death and can't imagine life without her. We celebrated her 6th birthday at the end of July!!! We sang and ate cake and ice cream (well....she did, wait till you see the pictures :-)). I can still remember the day we brought Lady home. Jeremy had promised me a cocker spaniel for sooooo long. And I finally said enough is enough and started searching for my cocker spaniel puppy. And man...did I search!! I called breeder after breeder, took notes, wrote down info, left messages. It was rediculous...finally I said to Jeremy...hey! you said YOU would buy me a puppy cocker spaniel...so how come I'M the one doing all the work. That was a Sunday...so he said, Fine, opened the Sunday morning paper to the classifides (I tried this with NO success), read the section on puppies for sale, made ONE, yes ONE phone call, and we were on our way THAT AFTERNOON to Sacramento to get our first puppy. We had nothing, no food, no dish, no collar, nothing, and no KNOWLEDGE on how to train a puppy. We got to the house and Lady was strange!! She ran from us, hid behind the shed and slunk away when we walked towards her. I told Jeremy her behavior made me think there was something wrong with her, so I was too nervous to take her home. We started walking away, and she jumped up on the tiny little fence, started wimpering and gave me the biggest, wettest kiss on my hand. That settled it, she was coming home with us. We tried to put her in the car....and she bit me. Yes, my precious Lady puppy bit me within minutes of owning her. It takes about an hour and a half to drive from Sacramento to San Francisco, Lady's first ride in a car was in the back of our Mercedes SUV and she had her nose jammed between the side of the car and the driver's seat. She was scared to death. We made it to Wal-Mart for supplies and finally home...If you are familiar with the Lady and the Tramp story...Jim Dear tries to put Lady to sleep in the kitchen in her own bed, but she ends up at the foot of the bed every night...our Lady was the same, she jumped over the gate out of the laundry and slept at the foot of our bed every night after that.

We love you sooooooooooooooo much, Lady Girl, you are the best doggy out there!!
Happy 6th Birthday!!











1 comment:

Jennifer said...

cute! happy birthday lady. cute pictures :)