Friday, June 11, 2010

Our Miss Lady Lou

Our blog is always about the kiddo's and their happenings...but my first baby is definitely my sweet, cozy Cocker Spaniel, Lady. After reading "The Art of Racing in the Rain" I've realized how much I love my girl, how important to me she is, and how much she is a part of this family. She's getting a tad older, turning 7 in July (our 49 yrs) so when I took her to her vet for a check up and they said she has the beginning stages of Cataracts, I became very sad...I've always thought of this "eye disease" as an "old dog" ailment. And I do not think of Lady as old, many people don't...most people ask me if she's still a puppy, 2 or 3 years old. Even the vet said she does seem much younger than her 7 years...but "old dog" things are still beginning to happen. Thankfully, it's not really that big a deal and I'm loving every single minute of her puppiness...so here's to my Lady and all her cuddliness.




1 comment:

tomandcheryl said...

Jen, I know exactly how you feel. I just took Rusty in for his yearly and the print out at the end of the appointment it was categorized as "senior well-visit." I was so sad that Rusty is considered a senior!
~Cheryl